Monday, April 2, 2012

SLC Mixers: Whiskey and Cheese Tasting

Becky Rosenthal, the SLC Foodie, is doing so many great things for the Salt Lake City food community that I wanted to be sure and highlight a great event that I attended last Friday.  SLC Mixers put together a whiskey and cheese tasting with a selection of whiskeys and Beehive cheeses.  The pairings were thoughtful and the crowd was a great mix of foodies, friends of foodies and interesting people of all stripes.  The event was interesting enough to keep the most knowledgeable cheese and whiskey aficionado entertained, but totally accessible to someone who has zero knowledge or experience with either.





I'll share one story to illuminate the mood of the evening.  Our whiskey expert asked the crowd, "who is Mark?" at one point, and then proceeded to ask me if I enjoyed my whiskey sour aperitif during the pre-event mingle.  I said sure, and then he told me that while the rest of the crowd had been drinking a delicious Sazerac Rye, my cocktail was made with a $6 (plastic) bottle of Canadian Hunter.  So much for my highly trained palate, but they gave me the booze as a consolation prize.


You SHOULD attend future SLC Mixer events by going here: SLC Mixers
You should also visit the SLC Foodie Blog: The SLC Foodie 

If you check out that video on the SLC Foodie blog, you can see the tail end of my whiskey switcheroo fiasco.

1 comment:

  1. The seems interesting enough to keep the most knowledgeable cheese and whiskey aficionado entertained.

    Distillery Tours

    ReplyDelete